Sinister: Colesalaw and Tupperware

Martin martin at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 6 11:29:15 BST 1999

Hello,

I thought I'd say how I was enjoying reading the present discussion about
crushes and the like. The "mystery girl"'s who you admire from afar for me
are like daydreams which are very nice but never really ring true. It's not
until you speak to a "crush" that the goosebumps tingle (much like when
listening to LLPJ live at Bowlie on the radio yesterday, thanks to the
Sleeka'd ones post I caught the end of it). As you start chatting you get a
glimpse of something more than the way they look. Then you have a taste of
a beauty inside as well as outside. That's the sort of crush that for me
makes everything else seem unimportant. And if they were to be carrying
around a roughed up copy of one of your favourite books and said they were
reading it again because they loved it so much or they mentioned one of
your favourite songs in passing I'd be a jibbering wreck for aeons.

This isn't to say the next time you see them they won't lean over with
breath smelling of coleslaw and talk about their passion for tupperware for
hours but it would have been good while it lasted. Anyway, I'll stop here
before I dye my hair pink and splatter my face with powder puff and become
the new Barbara Cartland.

Well I could have carried on and really written a load of old shit like our
own Mr Ploppy-kins. Celebrity turds eh? Hasn't that already been done on
Blankety Blank with the wacky turd always in the middle of the bottom row
next to a Lorraine Chase type turd?

Anyway, I'd also like to say hello to everyone at the London picnics this
weekend they were a lot of fun. Hopefully I did enough to impress Jim and
Trousers that I am worthy of a place in the Sinister footy team for All
Tomorrow's Parties. I am presently available on a free transfer from the
seemingly unpopular but ultimately successful Camera Obscura side. Thanks
those there for forgiving my traitorous if glorious past.

Also if anyone wants to meet up for the "random gig" by some band somewhere
in London on Wednesday as mentioned in Jim's post yesterday you can mail me
as I should be going too.

Too much already,

Te ra,

Martin