Sinister: oh dear, 'fraid this is quite boring....

Paula Cullen p.cullen at xxx.com
Tue Jul 6 15:46:58 BST 1999

greetings pop pickers,

with all this london picnic gossip being bandied about, i thought i'd take
five minutes out of my hectic work schedule to spill the beans on the
brighton, ahem, so - called "picnic" which took place the weekend before
last.

there were five of us present; me, richard healey and marcus omond from
this list, sian from the jeepster list and my boyf, from the "advanced
state of tardiness and laziness" list.  probably.

anyway, me and the boyf were 3 hours late (due to his "condition") so by
the time WE got there the poor dears were half cut.

we visited a number of hostelries before plumping for a nice, quiet pub
where we could chat amongst ourselves. at no stage in the proceedings did
we shout at and heckle other customers. oh no.  and richard definetely DID
NOT fall off the chair 3 times.
the barmaid professed that she too, liked belle and sebastian.
but i think she was just too afraid to disagree with us ;)

the high point for me was passing the "urban records" olde recorde shoppe
(yes, the one made famous by the video for 'phats & smalls' "turn around")
and giving a bloody good rendition of the song outside, to the horror of
richard and brendan.

bizarrely enough, i was the most sober kid there (honest, guv'nor)
till next time,
paula cullen booze explosion
booooze!!!! yeeeaaahh!!!