Sinister: Sheesh

FourJacksAndAJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Tue Jul 6 21:11:08 BST 1999

Maria Elia said:
right? right? anyway... the music started to
deteriorate into motown or something, but the
highlight was definitely dancing to morrissey

"Deteriorate into Motown"????!!!!!  Ack!!  I'm dying here....get me
away...etc.

I can certainly understand if you feel that Stax is the apex of soul but
good Lord, when I was up in Boston and went to the local "mod night" at
the Pill I was severely disappointed in the near-complete absence of soul
and the overabundance of mainstream post-1985 Britpop.

If we could trade Pill nights somehow I would gladly trade you, as mine
seemed to deteriorate into Britpop even before I got there and then seemed
to experience a little burp of pre-1970s soul (three whole songs, WOW
thanks so much for music that actually forces you to shake that ass
instead of the other way around), only to fall back again to
Blur or Pulp or whatever.  Not that there's anything inherently wrong with
playing those groups but I felt bait-and-switched.  Hang the DJ?  Maybe
lethal injection or something faster!!!  No, seriously folks, I'm not
wishing actual harm upon the DJs, maybe just their record collections...

Gibby Smalls, I wish I could be up in Beantown for your own house party,
as it sounds like you will have the indiepop collection from hell rocking.
I'll put in a remote request for some Josef K..."Radio Drill Time"?  (I'm
in a Josek K phase right now, forgive me)

There are so many pathways that lead to the heart,

Xavier

BXK                             		M o t h e r ,   M a y
bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu     		    I   S l e e p
http://www.english.upenn.edu/~bkim0            W i t h   D a n g e r ?