Sinister: Cassis & William

Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com
Thu Jul 8 17:03:00 BST 1999

My own, dear Sinisterines,

A few more little stabs at coherence, then I'm off.

Did any of you London listees see the Evening Standard yesterday? My eye
was caught by a large photo of a young boy hugging an enormous white furry
dog on the front page, with the caption "William Dowell with Cassis, his
beloved two-year old Pyrenean mountain dog.. "My goodness", I thought,
"does Belle & Sebastian's media infiltration know no bounds?" The story in
fact had little to do with Madame Whats-her-name's adorable yarns about big
white dogs and boys. It was instead a sad tale of those heartless
bureaucrats flying in the face of public outrage and moral decency. But
still, it was a great B&S moment, of sorts.

On another slightly less bizarre topic, Sandy wrote:

>Crushes seems to be the topic of the week and that is the only relevance
>that this letter has to this list.  I started off by having a massive
crush
>on this man but when we realised our mutual feelings we started going out
>with each other.  That was 8 months ago and for all that time I have
loved,
>cherished and worshipped him because when I fall in love I fall very hard.

>Anyway,  Late night I saw this "god" coming out of a friends bedroom half
>dressed leaving a naked woman lying in bed.I cannot understand why he did
>this to me.  What have I done wrong to deserve having my tender heart
>broken.

To Sandy I say, tough break, but in the wise words of D:Ream, "things can
only get better". The whole situation did sound rather Seeing Other People,
mind. I read somewhere that in those situations it is always the person who
breaks someone's heart that ends up worse in the long run (guilt, inner
demons and divine justice in the afterlife for wanton cruelty, I would
imagine). In the mean time, I can only reiterate, "avoid the sad songs that
make you cry". I don't care what you say, Bug, you all know it makes sense
:)

Am I helping? No, I thought not. Mind you, on reflection there are few
problems in life a few grams of hot Tigermilk vinyl action can't solve. And
we have but 4 days to wait. Hoo hoo, oh ho, my my.

Urrrrr. Must remember to engage brain before posting on list.

Oh, before I go,

What is a Russia's favourite band?
Steppes

Sorry