Sinister: shallow thoughts?

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 8 17:13:32 BST 1999

steve said
<<  I find myself thinking over my musical past.Is it just me or does musical
 >preference get slower as you get older?...Between the ages of 16 and 22 I
 >would have died for the Pixies,I now hit 25 and I adore B&S.Oh
Christ!..when
 >I hit 30 shall I adore Phil Collins?.....Shoot me now.

then dmitri said
 hmm..i got into the smiths at about 14, mazzy star when i was 16, belle
 and sebastian at 17, i wonder where this takes me. maybe ill go the
 opposite way and start listening to rammstein at 20. oh god i hope not >>

	I used to be much more into punk and harder music in my early teens..
this softening of music as one gets older was thrown in my face the other day
when a man came into my store looking for a white zombie video. We were
talking about the band and he asked if i was a fan. I said, "erm, well, not
really.. i like quieter music, mostly." He asked for specifics, and i told
him "Belle and Sebastian". He looked very confused. I suspect he had no idea
who they were. Like many Americans.
	 And in fact some Scots, too. A friend was talking to some comrades
who were from Glasgow, and she asked them about our little popsters. They
said the name "didn't ring a bell". Clever.

	Travis: thanks for the tape. I got it yesterday, and yours was sent
out today.

dave