Sinister: Why don't you go back outside and talk to trees, or whatever it is you DO

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 9 13:56:41 BST 1999

Querida Sinister,

I'm listening to the best compilation of crappy songs wot I got off the
internet EVER. At the moment its TRAGEDY! by the hedonistic Rock Bitches
STEPS - and I think the next song is The National Gallery doing a
musical interpretation of the Paul Klee painting "Self Portrait". It's
wonderful.

"Can you trult paint yourseeeeeelf, when so affected by unrelated
matterrrrrrrrss....."

If anyone wants to get together to form a band to do musical
interpretations of the paintings of Damien Hirst - you're wierd. And
probably will do it as well.

Dmitiri who's name I think I spelt rong,

> hmm..i got into the smiths at about 14, mazzy star when i was 16, belle
> and sebastian at 17, i wonder where this takes me. maybe ill go the
> opposite way and start listening to rammstein at 20. oh god i hope not

Hey, thats NOTHING. I listened to Pulp & Manics, at 15, Manics and Belle
& Sebastian at 16, Belle & Sebastian, and Freedesign at 17, and now I've
just turned 18, I found myself at the HMV sale going:

"Oh wow Astrud Gilberto I *have* to get this!"

followed three seconds later by:

"Once upon a time in the west!!!"

My friends say "Who the fuck is Ennio Morriconne? Are you buying theme
tunes to Cowboys and Indians films???"

I mumble shamefacedly..." But its good...."...

I sit down at home with my purchases and reflect upon my purchase of a
cd which says "Some great Jazz and Bossa Nova classics". I blame this
purchase entirely on most of you lot. I'd still be a wild young punk
rock kid if you lot hadn't said "ooh listen to this poncey bossa nova
stuff", and I listened to it and thought "dammit its actually good..."

If I find myself buying a slow foxtrot cd I'll have to shoot myself.

I have noticed that my love of Welsh nonsense has spanned all ages. By
the way - have you noticed that the last two "genres" invented by the
NME - I cite 'Skunk Rock' and 'Nu Psychedelia' have BOTH been
spearheaded by Super Furry Animals? Jolly good shows chaps. If they can
spearhead the "Noo-Ferret-Wave of Drills and Bass" I'll have to...
consider civilsation ended. What the fuck is "drill'n'bass" anyway!

By the way - Astruds version of Girl From Ipenamanaamana I think MUST
have been drastically re-worked on the (1.99) compilation that I bought.
Cos its crap. It's got a picture of Astrud on the front wearing a bikini
- she must have just got out from having a swim in the sea. Thats the
wild spirit of untamed bossa nova I supose. I hope she didn't have a
piddle in the sea. Urgh - think of how many people must have wee-d in
the sea over the years. Urgh. I bet its nothing but piss. Urrrrrrgh.

When I grow up, I'm either going to have no kids at all cos I'm
petrified of the things, or I'm going to have loads, so I can teach them
to sing in harmony and we can be like the Beach Boys. Except without the
psychical and mental abuse and the breakdowns and the drugs and the
booze. Perhaps. I dig the harmonies, dude.
byebye,
Sarah
xxx

                Droolz - for the kiddies!