Sinister: I'm shallow but only on the surface

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Jul 9 18:59:34 BST 1999

A big hello to all intelligent life forms everywhere. And to everyone else
out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys...

My roadtrip for the fourth of July was wonderful as expected. Arizona is
lovely this time of year. Especially if you're planning a trip to the core
of the sun and want to acclimate yourself to the heat first. My friend that
I went with favorite group is also the Pixies - so we listened to all of
their stuff. Very nice. Of course, that is where our musical tastes end. I
like his music but he has no tolerance for mine. In fact, he despises Looper
and calls them Lupus. Not very amiable of him, eh?

I also have the same fears as your friend and mine steve when he said, "I
find myself thinking over my musical past.Is it just me or does musical
preference get slower as you get older? Between the ages of 16 and 22 I
would have died for the Pixies,I now hit 25 and I adore B&S... When I hit 30
shall I adore Phil Collins? Shoot me now."
I've always been a die hard Pixies fan and am sluggishly moving onto full
fledged allegiance to Belle and Sebastian. I still like the hard stuff
though - so maybe I'm not completely deteriorating. Though, I want y'all to
promise that if any of my e-mails start reflecting the beginnings of a like
for Phil Collins, Michael Bolton, or Kenny G - just torture me. Lock me in a
room with nothing except for a big screen repeatedly showing mento
commericals with the sound blasting giving me nothing to eat but top ramen
for the rest of my life. Anything - anything but becoming a Micheal Bolton
fan. It'd be worse than liking Rex Manning. Sexxyyy Rexxxyy. Ack! Shock me
shock me shock me with that deviant behavior.

Heart-broken Sandra sounds like she is going through some torture of her own
with "Last night i saw this "god" coming out of a friends bedroom half
dressed leaving a naked woman lying in bed.I cannot understand why he did
this to me.  What have I done wrong to deserve having my tender heart
broken." Big hugs to you Sandra. If I were there, I'd bring ice cream,
chocolate, and a box of kleenex over so you could talk about it and we could
trash him. Say how he dhas a old black heart which pump not blood like yours
or mine, but rather a thick, vomitous oil that oozes through to his rotten
veins and clots in hispea-sized brain which becomes the cause of his
Nazi-esque patterns of uncaring and violent behavior. Then everytime I saw
him I would give the scum bag withering looks. But I'm not there so I'll
just send out my thoughts to you. And give the un-helpful words that time
puts everything into perspective.

I also had a crush fall through last week. Too bad he didn't fall through a
10 story window or something. Actually, I'm not too terribly disappointed. I
just now know why they are indeed called "crushes". All I know is that
rejection kills. Disappointment only maims. But rejection slaughters. Well
there's my pithy thought for the day.

May gypsies camp in your stomach and their bears do the Katchozki in your
liver... erh I mean have a sparkling day!

Laura Llew
(i figure that if I change the way I
sign my posts each time that no one
will notice my subtle ways to take over
the world starting with this list. wait.
i guess this isn't very strategic, eh?)