Sinister: Doth thou desire the power?

Gary Lawler glawler at xxx.ie
Fri Jul 9 23:35:29 BST 1999

My my, I have a bit of spare time. That's the problem with working for the
summer: it might be providing me with a little extra cash, but I think I'd
prefer to laze about like I was able to do a few years ago and read this
list instead (which I haven't been able to do in a while . . . grrr).

I didn't pre-order Tigermilk, but I'm sure that there'll be plenty
available in Virgin or somewhere when it's made available here (which
should be about the 13th . . . all I have to do now is come with a good
reason for not turning up for work so I can run into town to get a copy :-))

Reading about other people's crushes kind of got me remembering about that
one I had (WARNING: self-indulgent ranting ahead! Reverse course!) when I
saw a girl that I had a kiddie crush on at the train station a while back.
Very odd sensation, a sudden *snap!* of recognition and I know it's someone
that I last saw about 7 years ago and they still looked great. Think she
recognised me, but I didn't say anything to her anyway, which is an odd
thing to do but made perfect sense at the time.

I also had something to say about the dentist which I would write if I
didn't feel this nagging guilt at the back of my head about wasting so much
bandwidth with this as it is :-)

Gary Lawler