Sinister: My Life Stories

Stuart Flanagan punkboy at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 11 18:05:46 BST 1999

Greetings to you all,

Bizarrely, although I’ve been on the list for quite some time, this is my
first post.

So I’d probably better say that there’s no B&S content !

Since there are periodic literary discusions here, I thought I’d ask a
little advice.

In Dillons bookshop at the mo’ there’s a special offer of 3
biographies/autobiographies for the price of 2. I’m a bit undecided as to
which ones to plump for, so I was wondering if anybody could help me narrow
down my shortlist ?

Here’s what I like the look of...

ALAN BENNET - Writing Home

CHRISTINE BIELENBERG - The Past Is Myself

DIRK BOGARDE - Short Walk From Harrods

ROALD DAHL - Boy/Going Solo

ANNE FRANK - Diary Of A Young Girl

ALEC GUINNESS - My Name Escapes Me

BLAKE MORRISON - And When Did You Last See Your Father ?

FRANK MUIR - Kentish Lad

KENNETH WILLIAMS - Diaries

If anybody’s read any of these and can recommend them - can you let me know
?

For the record here’s some life stories I’d recommend :

JEAN-DOMINQUE BAUBY - The Diving Bell And The Butterfly

STEPHEN FRY - Moab Is My Washpot

HELEN HANFF - 84 Charing Cross Road

RUTH PICARDIE - Before I Say Goodbye

Thanks