Sinister: Big Brother Is Watching You

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Jul 12 06:52:44 BST 1999

Hello Sinistereens,
	I'm not 35, not 30, 25, or even 69. I turned 21 about an hour ands a
half ago. I wonder when exactly it was that I woke up and started
writing e-mails as if I was 35. Hm, oh well. I'm still mad that I can't
make my birthday complete by picking up a copy of Tigermilk. I'd wager
it sounds much nicer than my old beloved tape copy.
	But, I don't think I'll be donating my copy to be used to make a kilt
to be worn at next year's Brit Awards. There are several reasons you
might consider keeping your old tape copies:

	1) Sentimentality

	2) If you don't have a CD player in your car, or a discman, you can
listen to your tape copy in either of those lovely locales. Personally I
think listening to music whilst driving is the Ultimate Listening
Experience (tm).

	3) If you have anything else on side 2, you'd have to give that up. I'm
certainly not ready to.

	Anyway, I'm going to wildly diverge in topic so as to confuse you. I
had a nice time at the NYC picnic yesterday. Megan and I sat around at
the bottom of the hill with a TWATTYBUS flat looking at passersby.
Unfortunately no one pointed at us and squealed. I sat for a little
while in a sunny meadow reading George Orwell's 1984, which is honestly
about the strangest contrast of reading material/locale I can remember
being in.
	So we combed the entire park looking for the other picnickers, and met
with no success. We sat down for a bit and were considering giving up
and having our own picnic when we saw Ben, who pointed us in the right
direction. On the way we ran into Emanuel and Marie, and we found Laurel
in a spot we'd looked at some time earlier.
	On the whole I had quite a nice picnic, even though we didn't really
have any drinks and I think everyone mainly ate their own food, except
for the very popular peaches. I think the quality of the picnic was due
in large part to the park's ban on bikes. Thus, none of us had to fear
that our ankles would be viciously assaulted by anything whatsoever,
unlike the last picnic I attended. Ben and Laurel had to go, so we went
to see lots of medieval art and tapestries involving the slaughtering of
unicorns. Quite nice, except the slaughtering bit.
	Well in the end we all had to part ways, but it was a nice time. I
heard Lady Penelope and someone named Matt were at the park but couldn't
find us. That's a huge shame, because Lady Penelope sounded so
interesting from the posts I'd read, and I'm sure Matt was equally so.
Maybe we can all meet up before the Looper gig.
	Yes, so in the end Megan and I went home to be poor, which is actually
a rather time-consuming and costly undertaking. So Megan paid the leccy
bill and got the shopping and she still had some for the cinema, so we
all went out. Er, out to the video store anyway, which is a cinema, in a
poetic kinda way. You know when you grope for Luna.
	Right, and if anyone's the least bit interested in what I'm doing, just
imagine lots of expletives and the words "Tigermilk," "tomrrow," and
"damn," exiting my mouth at seemingly random intervals, gratuitous
playing of the Montgolfier Brothers album, and turning some multiple of
7. It could be 21, or 28, or even 35.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758