Sinister: silly people and brushes with fame

Richard Connell richard.connell at xxx.com
Mon Jul 12 09:12:20 BST 1999

Hello,

My first post in ages and my first literal subject line. Cant be bad.

I too got my tigermilk on friday and it is good. I like it. a lot.

I was given a lift yesterday by a taxi driver who used to be in a band that supported the who all the time. It was 60s who (or as i call it good who) as opposed to the 70s who (or poo who). One of his songs was number 1 in the portsmouth chart. Of course being a taxi driver it could have all been a load of bollocks and if the journey had been longer he might have said he wrote magic bus and told roger daltrey to perm his hair. But I choose to believe him.

I am on AOL and was in their music chat room the other day (a fairly terrible place to be as those who've been can attest)when i got into a bit of an argument with someone about b&s. They said that stuart makes his lyrics deliberately obtuse. He then went on to site the state im in as an example. For me the song is just a quirky story with no deeper meaning than a shaggy dog story but he disagreed. I think that b&s songs are fairly easy to understand and when they arent its down to poetic licence rather than wilful obliqueness. What does everyone else think? Lets have a heated debate. Or just ignore me.

Finally, i was watching starship troopers on sky the other night when i heard, during a fight scene no less, fade into you by mazzy star?!?! Can anyone spell innappropriate (cos i obviously cant). Any other film scene / cool song wierd juxtapositions?

Ive got ladyfingers
Rich