Sinister: tigermilk vs. elephant shoe

hay fever i_love_moon at xxx.com
Mon Jul 12 08:21:53 BST 1999

sinisters

i was sitting on the train yesterday morning at four am, coming home after a
late brilliant show with modest mouse. and i come to wonder something about
our friends belle and sebastian. how has the release of tigermilk effected
your thoughts about them? i was wondering, has the magic gone away? is there
less mysticism about the band, or is that just a dumb idea popping into my
head? i know there is a lot of different aspects of the re-release. for one,
i now hear "she's losing it" all the time on the radio. whats the deal with
that? i wouldn't be suprised if tigermilk pops up as one of this weeks most
played records on p3 (swedish radio). i was almost choking myself the other
morning when i had my cup of tea and i picked up the local white trash paper
in which they compared the release of tigermilk to to the release of the new
star wars movie. it obviously also got five stars. next to three four
country records being reviewed. i now what you are all thinking, "well now
atleast everyone is able of hearing this masterpiece" and i'm obviously
aware of this and i defianly think everyone should. this has nothing to do
with the fact that i liked being the only boy in school who had tigermilk
and that all the girls begged me to tape it for them, aye. obviously now
they won't. but it is not about that, it's about the tale of belle and
sebastian, brutally changing or should i say, evolving?

i'm probably make you all hate me even more, but i'm actually looking
towards on hearing the new arab strap cd "elephant shoe" more then hearing
the new belle and sebastian album (ooh well, let's just call it "the boy
with the arab strap 2") - and i'm basing this on that unfortunatly i may
fear that belle and sebastian are not evolving as good as arab strap, seeing
that philophobia was better then the boy with the arab strap and if you're
feeling sinister was better then the weekend never starts around here. and
to be honest with you, i don't know if i like "winter wooskielf" and "family
tree" that much. but i'm probably wrong cuz no one has ever done a record as
good as tigermilk, so now i'm going to quit, calm down, ok?

i'm over the counter productive culture,

johan = sinister

bakushi at hayfever.net
www.hayfever.net