Sinister: finally, a break in the clouds

Emanuel Brown e.brown at xxx.com
Mon Jul 12 15:36:15 BST 1999

hello lovelies

don't really know what the weather is like on the other side of the pond, but here in nyc its been nothing but oppressive heat & humidity. maybe if i could get my copy of tigernipple i could fan myself with it (actually its quite lovely here today, a breezy 80).

as you've already heard the li'l nyc pic-a-nic was a fine way to waste a summer afternoon. the cloisters are absolutely peaceful and serene, a nice break from the stinky trash hustle bustle further downtown (those of you hal hartley-savvy kids will remember the cloisters as being the convent at the end of 'amateur'). hats off to all involved, megan, brian, laurel, ben & marie, for putting up with me even tho' i think there was some puzzlement over who the hell i am (not a frequent posterboy). its funny to put a face with the words you see on the list, almost queers the deal as the adorable marie pointed out (alas we are all just real people after all). the soft & fuzzy elevator was definitely another highlight. its almost too weird to describe...

tigertitty is finally here in the states, but i haven't run off to get it yet. i kinda feel unmotivated by the whole thing. all of this concern over b&s making smart business decisions is wearing thin also. they are a band of musicians, and damn good ones at that. let 'em do what they need to fer chrissakes! myths and legends are nice, but they are simply thus. there should be a warning label on each b&s record that states: not to be taken internally! if so, flush system with generous amounts of the mekons or possibly black sabbath (extreme cases) until dizziness goes away :]

looper will be here soon, as will a slew of other bands i wanna see. all strung together under the silly guise of digitalclubfest99 or some such nonsense where you are expected to pay $50 for a pass that may or may not get you into see the shows of your choice (its first come first serve). thanks to the reviewer of the canadian looper gigs for the heads up.

okay. back to work for me and onto other posts for you. bye / emanuel

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com