Sinister: Smiths+Good Luck=Lucksmiths???

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 12 16:27:40 BST 1999

>From analysing who influenced Belle and Sebastian or carry on influencing
them along their works,to see they have become 'Influential' too : The
Lucksmiths are playing in Nottingham in ten days and they are announced as
some pocketsized B&S.Lovely definition.Really manageable and wee.

My personal difference between Smiths and Belle and Sebastian is the
breath of hope and the humble tone these latter choose for their
tunes.Could it be called 'luck'? I am afraid 'luck'just means 'chance' in
English (at least,British-English),it is not itself a positive or
optimistic or hopeful term.Could someone explain to me this?

Thanks a lot.

Arantxa