Sinister: I learned the truth at seventeen...

Justin Williams justin at xxx.com
Mon Jul 12 16:59:13 BST 1999

Hello all,

I was wondering if you anyone out there can help me with a nameless song I
have had in my head for the past few weeks or so...you know the chili
pepper Simpsons episode? Well when Homer is looking for his soulmate, there
is a song playing that goes "I learned the truth at seventeen, that love
was meant for beauty queens and high school girls with clear skin
smiles...who married young and then retired.." and I absolutely love it.
Who sings it and what is it called? Any help would be much appreciated =) I
hope everyone is doing wonderfully...

Justin W

"Where am I going to sleep tonight? Who cares! What is the world doing?
  Have new gods been discovered, new laws, new freedoms? Who cares!
  But up here a primrose is blossoming and bearing silver fuzz on its leaves,
  And the light sweet wind is singing below me in the poplars, and between
  My eyes and heaven a dark golden bee is hovering and humming --
  I care about that. It's song is my history of the world."