Sinister: Re: strange song/movie combos and also WILCO!!!:):)

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Tue Jul 13 05:12:42 BST 1999

This is a very cool thread that was started!
I'm racking my brains now and all I can think about is how they played a
Garbage song in "Melrose Place" which while quite shocking (this was in
early days when Shirls and the boys weren't so mega) was also highly
appropriate (trashy, glossy, wicked etc).They also played Garbage's
magnificient towering "You Look So Fine" on "Dawson's Creek", which gave
some dignity to that patchy uneven show. Cibo Matto also performed live
on "Buffy" which was way cool (what do you expect, "Buffy" is THE BEST!:))
I remember hearing the wierdest songs on all these footie programmes they
have here in Aussie land but again my memory fails me- stuff like Air,
Clubbed to Death, Lamb is all I can vaguely remember.As for movies, I
can't think of one yet, but will do so and will write back.
The problem with movie soundtracks today (esp from America) is that they
stuff some really good bands along with obscure crap that no one deserves
to hear. Even on great films like "Cruel Intentions" and"Go" they'll have
good stuff like Leftfield, the Fatboy (who's everywhere), Placebo along
with absolute filler shite. I really dislike this marketing strategy, but
probably the best soundtrack I've heard is the "Romeo and Juliet" one tied
with "Trainspotting", which unfortunately still has crap, but just less of
it.

Also,am thinking of buying the Wilco album, "Summer Teeth". Any listee
heard it and has an opinion of it?
in my stereo:
Idlewild: "1903-70" gorgeous piano led whimsy indeed from this SELECT mag
compilation
Madonna- "Ray of Light" (just borrowed it from a friend and it's GREAT!)
Tanya Donelly- "Lovesongs for Underdogs" (one of the best women in
alterna-rock's solo debut)
Pining for the new Dot Allison single and album
seeya
Kin Woo