Sinister: Re: strange song/movie combos and also WILCO!!!:):)

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 13 07:00:32 BST 1999

In a message dated 7/13/99 12:14:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
daftpunk at tartarus.uwa.edu.au writes:

<< Also,am thinking of buying the Wilco album, "Summer Teeth". Any listee
 heard it and has an opinion of it? >>

I for one am in love with Summerteeth, and pretty much anything else Wilco's
ever done.  It's much more produced than Being There (which I also highly
recommend to all listees...sweet, simple acoustic/country rock, if that makes
any sense), but Summerteeth is great in its own way.  It sounds nothing like
anything Wilco's ever done, which is great sometimes, but for a few songs I
really wished they would have left the synthesizers and tambourines at home
and gone with the simple, intimate production of BT.  Jeff Tweedy is one of
the most underrated songsmiths around and he really outdid himself on Wilco's
last two albums.  They recently toured the states and my friend and I caught
them playing at a local wedding hall.  It was a bizarre atmosphere, but they
put on an unbelievable rock show, replete with beacoup beer bottles and
enough cigarettes to kill the average human being.  In short: buy any Wilco
album you can get your hands on because they will not disappoint (Summerteeth
included).  Thats my two cents.
Ok, enough rambling.  I finally have a pic up on the Sinister page, but I
still don't forsee that doing alot to help my sorry standing in the list
crush polls.  Actually, unless I turn into Hugh Grant overnight I can't see
anything helping me very much.  "I yam what I yam" as Popeye once said, but
thats a bit harder to say when you're built like Olive Oil (is it really
spelled like that?).  Later

Steve