Sinister: W1 nights

A. Memon memon at xxx.com
Tue Jul 13 21:31:23 BST 1999

Hello everybody,

Nice to have the day off work after Tigermilking. No, I didnt do a sickie, (no need to Katrina - read on) or anything like that. I walked into work, and my boss told me I looked pale. I said, "Well, I feel kinda rough," which was the truth. I was dead tired - it took me nearly two hours on the N18 nightbus to get home. So she sent me home! Bless her little cotton socks, if she was wearing some. Oh, bless her anyway.

Like the journey Marcus had on his way in to Tigermilking, I had to side step violent arguments, avoid the gaze of hustlers and keep my wits about me on a MONDAY night. I wondered if Friday night could be any safer by being populated with people having fun, but that would probably magnetise the bad, seedy side of Soho by 100% as well.

Well, Tigermilking for me was a safe haven for a good few hours. I saw plenty of familiar faces, faces from gigs and faces I couldnt exactly place (me thinks I will have to make the next picnic). I think Paul (?) from Track and Field was there too. If it was him he didnt have his glasses on. Lots of happy popkids, and ironic metallers. It felt like the Bowlie club nights. Everywhere a happy face.

Some unexpected tunes they played:
Kylie - Confide in Me
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child O Mine and Paradise City (the latter was played so people could rock out and win goodies)
Kraftwerk - The Model (one of two songs I knew ALL the lyrics to yesterday. the other was Primal Scream's Come Together - I'm hopeless with lyrics)
Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Some more expected tunes I enjoyed:
Super Furry Animals - Hometown Unicorn
B&S - Seeing Other People
Pulp - Mishapes
Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
David Bowie - Starman
+ more I cant recall.

And the video projections did indeed show previously unknown B&S footage (they were in a studio at one point), Pavement, Buzzcocks, and a vast amount of Suede was heard and shown. I noticed that as I'm not overly keen on Suede.

I can't remember the names of the people I met, only someone called