Sinister: fitter happier and more productive

fountainhead fountainhead at xxx.net
Wed Jul 14 00:48:07 BST 1999

hello

isn't it hot at the moment?  too hot, actually.

whenever we used to get sunny days on holiday in ireland
i would always sit inside to read.  it was nicer there.  everyone
called me a vampire though.  maybe i am.  i hate it when it's
too hot.  maybe i'm just bitter because i don't tan
[white-red-white]
but whenever it was hot outside, it would always be really
cool in the house.  so i would stand by the window and
look out over the bay.  there's this little island out there
called 'mutton island' nobody lives there, but there's an
old ruin of a castle on it.  i looked over at that place for
seventeen or eighteen years, without ever being able to
go.  my mum had done the same for forty-five years.  then
one day we went over.  some fishermen took us over in
their boats in the morning, and collected us in the
evening.

that was one of the hottest days ever.  but, oddly, i didn't
mind being outside all day.  it was so clean and quiet over
there.  we found a huge rock pool that we could swim in, it
was like something you only see on a distant paradise.
but there it was, on a little island, by a little ireland.

we had our picnic on the rocks and i listened to rem
on my personal stereo (this was pre b&s, for me anyway).
it was a special day.

forgive me.  i'm wandering again.

i've just been looking at everyone's pictures on the sinister
page.

f.
--
http://fly.to/fountain