Sinister: alternate 'tigermilk' name

Jim Schmidt Jim.Schmidt at xxx.com
Wed Jul 14 17:36:56 BST 1999

     well of course, i ran out and bought 'tigermilk' yesterday...i could
     feel my face light up when i saw the vinyl on display...and i went
     home, relaxed, smoked, put the vinyl down and opened one of the cd
     versions i purchased and felt odd, because it's kind of bizarre that
     in this day and age, it wasn't released on cd the first time around.
     so i felt like i was holding a bastard child, some strange mutant
     offspring of technology, like maybe i should just stick to my worn
     cassette--is this natural?!?--you know, that kind of feeling.

     anyway, i listened to it before bedtime and it was definitely euphoric
     to hear the clarity of instruments and new percussion bits lost on my
     bastard copy and to hold actual liner notes in my hand (rather than
     reading them off a computer screen). and then i started thinking about
     my favorite b&s songs, the ones which really hit me, the ones that i
     relate most to...and it occurred to me that they are all the title
     tracks from their other releases, and on their full-lengths, they
     appear in roughly the same position on the songlist (tbwtas is number
     9, iyfs is number 7)

     which brings me to "my wandering days are over"...this has always been
     my favorite b&s song ...it falls in about the same place as the other
     full-length album title tracks (it's number 8)...and so my point is
     (and granted it's not very significant or even very interesting,
     really), that if their first album had not been called 'tigermilk',
     'my wandering days are over' would've fit nicely (especially with the
     same cover art)...

     agree? disagree? don't care?

     sorry for the bother. i hate wednesdays.

     cheers.jim.