Sinister: Reykjavic?

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 15 13:31:53 BST 1999

Hello there

I've haven't been round much recently, cos I've been moving and stuff. What
a palaver! I've ended up living with Tim H. and Sez H., both of this parish,
in a tall house with Canary Wharf looming on the horizon, lots of foxes all
over the place, and, best of all, a local pub called "The Fitchetts".
Anyways, now I'm back, I have a couple of things to say...

WITH HAIRSTYLES THE SAME AS THE RICH AND THE FAMOUS

Do you like good music? Sweet soul music? Well listen up, kiddiwinks:
tomorrow night, Friday 16th July, the Poetry Café in Covent Garden, London
brings you more stars than there are in heaven. First off the rank, and
straight outta Sidmouth, are the near-mythical godfathers of P!O!P! The
Visitors, featuring our own Tim Hopkins on vocal chores, hand-jiving and
reggie toasting. Next up is Antipodean shantoozie, Kirsty Stegwazi, who you
might know from her backing vocals on a record called "Boondoggle". Which
was recorded by our headliners... the Lucksmiths! Still only £3. Doors open
7.30pm. Email me privately for directions etc.

I WAS BORN THIS WAY, I HAD NO CHOICE / I WAS BORN WITH THE GIFT OF A GOLDEN
VOICE

"I could kill you, sure, but I could only make you cry with these words",
said Stewpot Murdoch, the big sillybilly. But what are the words that make
YOU cry? Or laugh? Or go "hmmmmm"? Hey? I'm editing a little book about pop
lyrics to be published in October for National Poetry Day and I'm after
people's thoughts on the subject. So if you have a favourite lyric, or
songwriter, or whatever, drop me a line and tell me what you like and why.
There'll be a webpage up next week at www.poetrysoc.com, but until then you
can email me here (poetryplace2 at easynet.co.uk). If you make it into the
final book I'll send you a free copy when it comes out.

That's all

Stevie Trousers