Sinister: Grandpa Cook meets Stuart Murdoch shock!

Alasdair Cook MS1996 acook at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 15 19:09:32 BST 1999

So is anyone else's grandpa in a B&S video then? Cos mine is. I
discovered this the other day while watching the dog on wheels video for
the second time, and almost fell off my seat when I realised who the old
man Stuart is asking directions or something from in Byres road was. I
had to rewind the video about three times to make sure I wasn't
dreaming. My grandpa, preserved in history even when he joins the choir
invisible. I haven't told him yet, though. I haven't told my grandpa
either.

I've heard mumblings of a Nick Drake tribute concert being held in
London in September with actual good proper people playing. I don't
suppose anyone can give me any details of exactly who might play and
when exactly it is could they? Fank you.

Ooh, here's a nice bit of the Tigermilk review from the Glasgow Herald
penned by that lovely Mr David Belcher:

"...If this isn't one of the 10 most affecting debut albums in musical
history, you can come round and eat my hat. Worth gifts of gold;
frankincense and myrrh - plus your dying breath and all the tea in
China."

Oh, and Flo said:

> I suppose some of the Glasgow members of the list went to see Godspeed You
> Black Emperor! on Monday, since the topic was being discussed on the NG a
> while ago. I'm so jealous!!! GYBE! are so good, and Mogwai coming as
> surprise support.... that's unfair!!!

I did go but unfortunately missed Mogwai due to Miss Ailsa Ross'
boyfriend's germs (boring story, doesn't matter). Howver I did see
Godspeed.. who were indeed very good, a bit like having your head pulled
off and your heart pulled out simultaneously. Which is a good thing.

Alasdair xx