Sinister: Electronic Ren Opinion vs. Factory

Sam Devere samiamx at xxx.com
Fri Jul 16 12:36:37 BST 1999

I had de-lurk, I couldn't resist this one.  I LOVE Electronic Rennaisance.
I do agree with Mick and Xavier and the early New Order reference
(especially Mick's comment on B&S writing more synthy songs), but I think an
even more appropriate Factory band would be OMD.  ER sounds like the 'Maid
or Orleans'/'Souvenir'/'Joan of Arc' days, though I'm unsure if they were
still on Factory at that point.  I love the fragile, off-kilter, gothic
synth sounds of those three OMD songs and wish I could find more of that
genre.  Does anyone know what ever happened to Camouflage?

As for New Order, Gillian joined in late 1980, in time to record the
alternate version of Ceremony (which is different than the one on Substance,
and better in my opinion).  Also, the Other Two (Gillian and Stephen's) and
Electronic released new ones in the past couple of months, haven't heard
them yet.

Sam