Sinister: Re: Procession Confession

Sam Devere samiamx at xxx.com
Fri Jul 16 12:47:51 BST 1999

>like the glossily overproduced Technique, in my opinion. "ER" is very
>lo-fi,really one of the loest-fi B&S have ever done.

I love Technique, I think it's their best album.  The production does sound
very sonically (is this even a word?) clean.  But it differs from other New
Order albums in the dichotomy of the all synth vs. all guitar songs, versus
previous albums which usually melded the two.  Of course the World Cup
anthem was the beginning of the downfall, it's either that or because they
eased up on E or whatever else they were doing.

We are so lucky to be able to enjoy B&S while they are unfolding.
Unfortunately, I was either too young or unaware of other wonderful bands
(Smiths, Lilac Time, etc.) as they progressed.

Is Atari Teenage Riot worth seeing live?  - Sammy