Sinister: slander, libel, white horses

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Fri Jul 16 15:08:56 BST 1999

hello folks,

tigermilk sounds rather fine in glorious digital splendour doesn't it?

i wish they'd left that dodgy synth track off though. ~

that review in select said the line in mary jo about the thespian with
a caravanette in hull was struan's most morrissey-like lyric, but i
would have thought it was the bit in i could be dreaming that goes "do
you want to do it now? outside the butchers with a knife and a bike
chain."

anyway, what are we going to to about tigermilk?  it never occurred to
me before, but even sister disco must have found it impossible to get
an amusing TWATTYBUS style permutation out of the acronym "T".

i bought two copies of the cd this week, one for me and one for my dad
whose birthday is today - this is in keeping with his christmas present
in 1996 being a copy of sinister.  i haven't been listening to T too
much though.  i've been listening to simon and garfunkel instead, due
to the select review reminding me about the songs the b&s/sodastream/
v-twin supergroup played to entertain the queue at bowlie.

i was wondering if anyone had a complete list of all the covers that
b&s have ever performed live.  i searched the archives, honest, but
couldn't find a complete list.

and when are they going to get around to playing white horses?

kevan
fat slug