Sinister: Ahhh, I am *really* sorry (re:unsubscribe)

James Thorniley jthorniley at xxx.net
Sat Jul 17 22:11:34 BST 1999

Oops, I just realised I sent that goddamn unsubscribe to the list.

This is because of one f***er of a cock-up. Ahh well, now I've disturbed
you all I might as well tell you the story.

It all started (strangely enough) when I subscribed to the list. Whilst
still in the nursery period, I recieved a message headed "sinister:
Looper in dc/ny [maybe philly]" I'd just like to say that I am head over
heels in love with "lost madflowr", who sent this, as this message
really did in my e-mail system, and I could not recieve any messages
(please don't think you could have solved the problem, I am a nerd
myself y'know). Anyway, to cut a long story short (and to try and avoid
an unsighlty rant) I had to cancel this account with the ISP and switch
to a new one. This would be alright, except that it seems that during
the period when I could not recieve e-mail I was given my voice, so I
have not got the message that apparently you get when you get a voice. I
thought I might as well unsubscribe, ride out the nursery period again,
and just get that message. And that was how I came to piss you off.

I have to say, this was not how I pictured getting my voice (y'know,
most people start off with "I've just got my voice, so...."; hot shot
James T starts off with "unsubscribe". I'm so great, I didn't even write
"unsubscribe sinister").

Belle and Sebastian? They're crap. Well, that's what everybody keeps
telling me. On Wednesday I thought I could show that I didn't care what
people thought by buying the Tigermilk re-release whilst out with a few
friends. The reaction was weird beyond degree. Have you ever had the
feeling that your person you're talking to is actually talking to
someone else, y'know, they talk back to you, but it doesn't follow on
from what you've just said. Did this happen to anyone else?

No, not crap. I think the word used was "queer" ?!?

Thanks for listening to this pile of s**t (I'm talking about the
message, not me).

--
James Thorniley

"We know all men are not created equal"