Sinister: tootiredto think ofacleversubject

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Sun Jul 18 13:42:49 BST 1999

dear sinister kids,

it's 6am and i am beggining to feel exhausted after having woken up at 5,
but that's just jetlag settling in. yes, it's time for me to return to a
normal existence of work and things after 5 wonderful weeks away from home.
actually, looper is playing tomorrow in toronto so i get to live in this
fantasy world for one more day. i've been having dreams of miss emily and i
seeing this looper band, so hopefully my premonitions will come true.

anyway, i was london for 7 days in july and it being my first time there, i
was naively and unjadedly impressed. it was quite a belle and sebastian week
- lovely debbie from this very list housed me and my incomparable greek
cousin (thank you!) and if you're ever looking for a wild time, ask debbie
to take you to her grey house in willesden green :) . i watched that mtv
belle and sebastian special and saw every single b&s video in existence.
cheers to the sleater-kinney girl in dirty dream #2.. like a tourist i
exclaimed over silly song references - "there's boots! let me get a free
book!" "let's look for the man who drives mini-cabs down in old compton!"
"can we turn tables round in marks and spencer's even though we have marks
and spencer's in toronto it still seems appropriate!".. etc etc. and of
course, the cherry at the top were the 2 picnics that were held..  those uk
picnics have an advantage over north american ones because it is actually
legal to booze it up in the park.. i mean, i'm sure we could do that here,
but in the afternoon in blatant sunlight? it seems so alien! but yes, the
picnics were *wonderful* and i met lovely, lovely people and when i get my
5rolls of travel film developped, i'll show everyone those sinister
pictures. so let me send out a shout out to those special boys and girls i
got to meet on primhose hill, which is hard to climb if you've gotten very
little sleep...

but other than that 1 week there, i spent the remaining 4 in greece. i know
that john k, daphne and vaso are going to london in a few days so everyone
adore them because they are the sweetest. i didn't manage to say goodbye to
them properly because my cousin and i got distracted by that band blur who
were playing at this funny big festival in athens called ROCKWAVE. we didn't
pay to see them, we snuck in like deviants through bars in the fence and hid
from security guards, and honestly that was the most exciting part of the
concert. blur was pretty boring but maybe that's a given.

anyway, it's still nice to be home and yes, looper tomorrow! (um.. or is it
today?.. my schedules are all messed up..)
teri xxxx

ps. if you gave me your email address, there is a good chance that it's lost
somewhere in my luggage so please email me and refresh my memory.. or if you
sent me mail, i'll get back to you sooooooon

we design synthesizers: http://members.tripod.com/~meltingsnow/