Sinister: we might as well all stay in our rooms until we die

hay fever i_love_moon at xxx.com
Mon Jul 19 08:09:45 BST 1999

SINISTERS

Genevieve Wesley wrote:
c)Where can I hear all those songs people sometimes talk about, such
as:Rhoda, Wrong Girl, Winter Pooksie,The Lonlieness Of The Middle Distance
Runner, Lord Anthony. (I think thats it)

well it's not that easy. people seem to sit on them like if they were
exposed to light they would melt and be ruined forever. but i bet that a lot
of the listies have these songs on tapes, mds or cdrs in their bedrooms. i
have calculated that these tracks;

- Family Tree (have only been heard in dublin if my memory is right)
- Hurley's Got A Dream (or Hurley's Having Dreams, demo)
- Landslide (not on the bbc coverage of bowlie, but on audiences)
- London Has Let Me Down (i got this from a demo tape)
- The Loneliness Of A Middle Distance Runner (live, demo and radio)
- Lord Anthony (there are a few really nice audience recordings)
- Paperboat (bbc camper sand has a really nice version of this one)
- Pocketbook Angel (i only have this one on demo tape aswell)
- Rhoda (also only on demo but i might be live version of this one)
- Tigermilk (instrumental track, written for TBWTAS, great quality)
- Winter Wooskie (bbc bowlie recording and from the dublin show)
- The Wrong Girl/Love (few really good recordings of this one around)

Kevan Cooke wrote:
i was wondering if anyone had a complete list of all the covers that b&s
have ever performed live. i searched the archives, honest, but couldn't find
a complete list.

hmmm i have localized these tracks to be covers but i am not sure,

- Turn Turn Turn (the Byrds)
- The Kids Are Alright (the Who)
- In A Nutshell (Orange  Juice)
- What Goes On (Beatles)
- Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son (France Gall)

i think also the following are covers,  but please don't laugh if they
aren't:

- Matchstick Men and Matchstick Cats and Dogs
- To Be A Jew On Christmas

wouldn't be suprised if you would add any Felt track to the list,

OK.

Johan

HAYFEVER DOT NET
BAKUSHI AT HAYFEVER DOT NET