Sinister: Plastered in Paris

Paul Field Paulfie at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 19 14:44:14 BST 1999

Chris Jones wrote:

There must be a mistake, how did Tigermilk fail to make the top 10?

Well, I've just been to Virgin Megastore to buy the Red House Painters'
retrospective, and according to them it's straight in at number 4. I dunno
if they just have their own chart though.

Well, I'm at work, ½ the days gone and so far I have not done a single
second's worth of work. I got in and I couldn't log on, so I had to spend
the morning on the internet machine 'researching'. During my oh-so-important
research, I noticed I've got 2 list-crush votes! Has somebody made a
mistake? I hardly ever post! Oh well, it made me happy. Thank you whoever
you are.
I shall now bore you all with a tale from my weekend....A very sinister
Norwegian girl, and a mildly sinister English boy (me) actually met each
other.....in Paris! How cool is that! We met out the back of Notre Dame.
Only I was waiting outside the front. She had the sense to realise I might
be a bit dim and thankfully looked there. So, I'm wearing my study at stow
t-shirt for recognition, and she's wearing B&S badges. This proved fairly
dangerous as I had to keep looking at girls chests to see if they were
wearing badges. And I got a fair few nasty stares from hard looking Parisian
blokes. So I put on my shades to disguise my leering, and looked ohsocool.
Praps. Then we got really drunk together and shagged on the bank of the
Seine. We never really - we did neither of them. 'Twas all very innocent. We
just had a lovely time and ate nice food and drank nice wine and got very
sweaty. Easy tiger - it was bloody warm ok, and we walked miles with
backpacks on. I won't bother going into detail as, although it was fun, it
wouldn't be fun to read.

Oh, Summer Teeth/Being there......get both if you can. If not, I agree with
Steve C. - go for Being There. Awesome. I saw them at Shepherds Bush after
they released Being There, and they were the most aggressive, nasty band
I've ever seen (as in towards the audience, not their music). Then I saw
them there again after they released Summer Teeth, and they were really nice
and the singer (name escapes me) apologised. Not to me personally of course.

I'm sure I had something interesting to say. Nope. OK, I'll now get back to
my lurking and see if it musters up some more votes... (tell me who you
are!)

Klem fra Paul (who now knows a bit of Norwegian, and is hoping this gets
through as he un-subbed for a bit)