Sinister: My throat hurts

Gary Lawler glawler at xxx.ie
Mon Jul 19 18:56:13 BST 1999

At 20:39 18/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Oh well, never mind. As you may or may not know, Tigermilk went
>into the UK album charts this weekend at number 13, and there was
>me thinking it'd beat the number 12 slot held by it's predecessor. No.
>
>We saw REM last night, they were so BORING.

Wow, I saw them at Landsdowne Road the other day and I thought they were
superb . . . would have been nice to have Stereolab supporting them over
here instead of the Divine Comedy, but I suppose we can't have everything
(as a side note, I could have sworn I saw a Study at Stow shirt somewhere .
. . seeing as how there were quite a few band shirts about, I began
thinking that maybe I should have worn my own after a while. Maybe I'll
wear it at Blur - a concert I am *not* looking forward to).

Oh, and I'm another one of those who hasn't got their copy of Tigermilk yet
*cringe* - I'll have to pick it up at the weekend (and once I've heard it,
I'll probably start retroactively enjoying the Dublin gig again - I hardly
knew any of the songs when I was there at the time :-/).

And finally, Star Wars: Ep 1 is great fun. Oh, yes.
--
Gary Lawler