Sinister: blair witch/eyes wide

Iangstl at xxx.com Iangstl at xxx.com
Mon Jul 19 19:15:53 BST 1999

SinListers,

I'd have to disagree completely with the Eyes Wide Shut review. After
watching almost his whole catalogue last week, I would have to say this is
one of Kubrick's best. Primary colors have not been used so well since
Goddard's Weekend. The suspense builds slow and the story is more one of
infidelity than sexual obsession. I liked the music; it added flavor. If you
like Kubrick, you will see many scenic views that can only be called
Kubrickian. I can't recall which critic said it, but it was said that if you
expect to see a movie that will require a cold shower after, forget it, the
movie is a cold shower. Kubrick was always about the possibilities beyond our
actions. He didn't fail me here. European viewers will also have the
opportunity to see it without the flawed digital editing required by the
stodgy MPAA. His decision to obscure the sex scenes does play nicely into the
concept of lust unfulfilled. I just want an unedited version, a bottle of
scotch, and the time to dissolve with this master's final piece.

Summer of Sam was a good watch but left me with not much to contemplate.
Southpark makes me laugh still.

Tigermilk is as sweet as I'd expected. It hasn't left my cd player once. The
rough of Tom Waits and the tumble of B&S; what more could a girl want?

dawn