Sinister: out of the nursery with bad news

Christopher Mayo viable_itch at xxx.com
Mon Jul 19 21:49:41 BST 1999

Well, I've now endured what seemed like months in the nursery, only to get
my voice in time to announce that looper are playing in toronto tonight and
I can't go.  Some foolish promoter decided that it would be much more
appropriate if looper was a 19+ show, so all of the unfortunate
looper-babies like myself (a fresh-faced lad of 18) have nothing to do but
sit home and sulk.  humph.

It feels a little odd having a voice now.  It's as though I've been
listening to an intimate conversation between a group of people I don't
know, only to suddenly reveal to them that I've been eavesdropping for the
last two weeks.  Oh well, I suppose you're used to it. What a silly
tangent...

I feel like I should introduce myself, but It seems somehow inappropriate;
you probably couldn't venture much further away from B&S content.  But I
will attempt to introduce myself by relating my life to B&S (an absurdly
tottering stretch at best).  I will be attending the university of toronto
next year to study music, where I will attempt, and likely fail, to write
music as beautiful and marvelous as belle and sebastain (it seemed more
worthy of typing it out that time, for some reason).  I work at ONTARIO
PLACE, a vile little hole of an amusement park aimed at freely-urinating six
year olds.  I sell ice cream, a terrible job.  But when my supervisor isn't
looking, I slip on my hadphones and listen to tigermilk, which, incidently,
has become my favourite B&S album.  Well before I bore all the rest of you
to tears, I'll ask a couple quick questions.

    - Is there anyone on the list in the toronto area?  I've had trouble
finding anyone else in the city who like's b&s, and all of my friends hate
them with a passion (a little disconcerting).

    ...well actually only one question, but It's an important one.  It's a
little upsetting when even your best friends hate your favourite band and
make fun of you for having such wussy taste in music.  ah-well...

goodnight from a sleepyhead