Sinister: If it rocks, put it on the table.

Newth, Tom TNewth at xxx.com
Tue Jul 20 09:45:35 BST 1999

Just to throw in my six eggs, the Beatles have a "What Goes On" on Rubber
Soul, which is not a patch on the top chugger "What Goes On" on the third VU
album. Now as to which one our beloved troubadours have been known to regale
us with, I've not a clue, being sadly bereft of all manner of B&S bootlegs.
Except the ones which aren't B&S but sound like them.

Also I could have sworn I heard them cover "C*nt Tease" by Pussy Galore, but
I could have been dreaming. Not such an odd idea, when you think about it -
that slightly unusual take on the recycled boy/girl/relationship song...

Should we start a petition for songs we want them to cover? Or would it just
be annoying?

I am most sorry not to partake of the Kubrick thread, being a limey an' all,
but whilst never really being thrilled by him, I do find his films endlessly
fascinating for all their flaws. Somewhat like Pasolini, if I may make so
bold a comparison. But perhaps this is not the place, although I would love
to chew the fat about all manner of arty films with TOTTIKAC and others. Is
there somewhere you folks go and do this without boring those B&S fans of a
less pretentious bent?

It may be of interest to you all to know that the new improved Tigermilk
sounds revelatory on my (slightly creaky) surround sound system with all
sorts of funny background bits coming to the fore. Except Electronic
Renaissance which cos of all the phase and delay and stuff just sounds as
though there's a sabre-toothed tiger-sized hairball on the stylus. And I for
one quite like the fact it has no spine. I have no idea why. I just do.

love to you all

spoon