Sinister: Blair Witch and why I am sad

bfundak at xxx.edu bfundak at xxx.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:55:20 BST 1999

I haven't been keeping up with the list as much as I should be, but my second
modem blew up and it has really cut down on my online time.  In the interim I
have discovered something wonderful called real life.  But I still love all of
you on the sinister list and with the release of Tigermilk last week, you've all
been in my thoughts.

Anyway, Blair Witch.  I have seen it and I will make this blanket statement
right now:

The Blair Witch Project is THE movie of the summer.

I don't want to blow anything for anyone, but as I watched the film, I was
slowly sucked in and by the end I was so frightened I couldn't get rid of the
anxious feeling I had for at least two hours.  It even went so far as to ruin my
dinner that night. I simply couldn't eat after watching that movie.  I even
tried listening to Tigermilk in an attempt to get my bearings and be sure of the
world around me, but to no avail.

So long story short, you must see it.

Now to my sadness. I am still in love with the same girl I have been in love
with all summer, but a combination of different fears have kept me at bay.  My
friends tell me how good we look together, and I agree with them, but I fear
that they are telling the wrong person.

Anyway, I got this great idea and was wondering what you romantic types thought
about this.

At my school there is a huge stadium.  the really cool thing is that you can go
out to the stadium whenever you feel like it and just hang out.  It's kind of
cool, because even though there is a major highway nearby, no one bothers you
and no one cares that you go out there.

Here's the plan. I have a very needy friend who always has to hang out with the
girl I am in love with, and she has gone so far as to try and figure how much
time is being spent with her by other people.  And because she is always around
I always feel this wierd pressure that I would be breaking some unspoken rule by
pursuing my friend romantically.

That all ends next Friday, when our timekeeping friend will be moving to
Nebraska on a permanent basis, leaving me and Liz alone for a week.

This is what I want to do...(keeping in mind that the road to hell is paved with
good intentions)

I want to walk out to the stadium with Liz and just hang out and talk and tell
her again how I feel and then kiss her under the stars, since you can see them
when you are in the stadium.

It's cheesy, I know, but do you think it would work?

Let me know.

Go see Blair Witch. NOW.

Brandt