Sinister: commitment is a ten letter word.

Snowinsumr at xxx.com Snowinsumr at xxx.com
Tue Jul 20 19:09:11 BST 1999

dear sleepy-eyed dreamers...

today maeris and i are trying to decide if we should brave the sunlight...as
we both hate it so...and also because i have acquired a taste for sergio
mendez and the brazillian 66 (thank you thom)...and yesterday when i went
vinyl shopping at the local st vincent de paul...i found two of their
albums...two claudine longet albums...some herb alpert & the tijuana brass,
eydie gorme, ed ames, petula clark and the carpenters...so we've been
relaxing all morning in our room listening to these...sprawled out...deciding
how we will get maeris across the ocean if we ever decide to move to
england...i hate the thought of putting him in a pet carrier in the first
place...but knowing that he'd be locked in the bottom of a plane for all that
time...it sends shivers down my spine...

i haven't been out much lately...as i believe that the state of human kind is
tragically overrated...it's very sad to me that people are so involved in
worrying about what other people think...which leads them to bad-talk other
people...especially their friends...rather than being honest...i find it all
rather disheartening...and cuddling with maeris all afternoon while listening
to claudine longet and looper is far more precious to me than some cheap
conversation while drinking cheap liquor...

i suppose that my ever-dropping faith in human kind was also cemented when i
arrived home to detroit from chicago-

(i traveled to see looper...i stood front row and cried during the whole
thing...silent tears...and danced a bit...karn smiled at me outside before
the show...so from that point on i was in a bit of shock anyway...i was so
moved by their chicago performance that i arrived to the detroit show, bought
my looper t-shirt (as they had been out of my size at the chicago show) and
left before the opening band...knowing i couldn't handle seeing them
again...as it's just too close to home...and i know that at least one person
knows exactly what i mean...)

sorry, slight intermission there, back to my story=

so i arrived back home to find that five of my little friends (including my
best friend, timothy) had been attacked by a gang in detroit...one of them, a
girl no bigger than me and sweet as apple pie, was left with blood coming out
of her ear, a broken jaw that had to be wired shut, teeth chipped to all hell
and a concussion...not to mention all the other cuts and bruises on her
body...i'll never understand it...i truly never will...and the worst part is
that it happened about 100 feet from our friends house...and the gang members
all live four houses down...but to prosecute would to be putting all of my
friend's lives at stake...sad, really...the injustice of it all...

i'm sorry this letter is so choppy but i've been in a pretty emotionally
clouded state of mind these last few days...I've never done this kind of
thing but if I kill all those gang members now, who's going to miss them?

shy hugs
meganelise