Sinister: She's a Carioca

Brian Pennington (Mick McMick) bp224996 at xxx.edu
Tue Jul 20 19:38:45 BST 1999

Afternoon All,
	I'm feeling more than a bit ill at the moment. Ailsa you're not the
only one. But me, I'm having some sort of allergic reaction to something
in the air. I have fun stuff like an upset stomach, coughing, asthmatic
wheezing, my sinuses ache, you know, all that good stuff. I'm trying to
keep myself from collapsing or leaving work early by listening to the
Field Mice and Slowdive. It's worked so far...
	Anyway, enough about my petty problems. Meganelise mentioned Sergio
Mendes & Brasil '66, which is something you all ought to pursue avidly.
I've got a "Best of" which is lovely. My favorite song is a goergeous
piano-laden instrumental by Jobim called, you guessed it, She's a
Carioca. Imagine combining a jazz pianist and a samba guitar player &
rhythm section and you have it.
	Also, there's an amusing article on Dave the Moonman-style
hypothesizing on Wired.com at
<http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/20820.html>. Perhaps it
will complement or replace the documentary Andy Dean mentioned.
	And lastly, with all this talk of Mary Joe/Tigermilk paraphenalia I'm
growing jealous. I got a Tigermilk postcard, but I doubt we'll get much
more this way. Will they ever be available on the website? Awww, please?

	Mick McMick at work