Sinister: some notes

teri vlassopoulos magnetic13 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 20 20:37:45 BST 1999

good good afternoon my luvs,

i don't know if anyone has yet posted about the toronto looper show last
night so i'll gossip about it... just because i realized that i *do* have
email access from work (sometimes) and i want to take advantage of it since
i'm bored of filing.

anyway.

toronto was one of the cursed cities on the belle and sebastian tour, there
were plenty of people eager to finally lay their eyes on anything related to
the band.. you could tell by the number of flashbulbs that were going off as
soon as they started playing. i was guilty of it too, snap snapping away..
ohhh,they were *wonderful* - the screens showing those charming films, the
new song about Y2K and we were all marvelling at stuart david's smooth as
silk voice. he sounded better live than on the record, which is not usually
the case with live performances.. but the big juicy story of the night was
when Wee Karn proved that she knows exactly how to keep the audience in
line.. some obnoxious photographer (he must have been from a newspaper or
something..) continued taking pictures with his big flash even after stuart
repeatedly told the audience that the flashes were distracting. Finally Karn
stepped away from her position behind the turntables, marched up to him,
attempted to take the camera from his hands and ordered him to take off the
flash. teehee. Some people cheered and the photographer looked slightly
embarassed. Too bad she didn't rip out his film.. so yes, the show was
extremely lovely despite the fact i was completely tired. (pssst..i know
someone who has a bootleg of the show, and it's not me :)

christopher who asked about belleandsebastian fans in toronto needs not feel
alone - there were at least 4 of us last night. and, we must have another
picnic sometime soon.. one with slightly different locations and times.
maybe in august? and definitely in september when debbie returns to toronto
and martin and his friends visit canada.

oh gee, people who work with me are realizing that i'm really not doing any
work at all.. gah, i must go back to my filing ways..

teri, who can't decide if she wants to capitalize her sentences