Sinister: tigermilk and panties

Jan Imgrund jimgrund at xxx.fr
Tue Jul 20 23:15:18 BST 1999

hello.

A premiere: B&S content in one of my posts! I promise I won't do it
again..
But it is not very original B&S content, just the fact that I have
bought Tigermilk! Who would have thought.
I was one of those people who had a digital first time, so to say,
having restrained from asking anyone for a noisy tape copy.. I am one
of those who likes to postpone purchases of good books or records for
a long time, knowing that the pleasure of not-having and phantasizing
will always be greater than the pleasure of having and knowing... is
that a strange behaviour? I don't know. At least it's behaviour that
can save you money. At the moment I am not buying the Godspeed etc!
and the Bonnie Prince Billy albums, and I think they are worth it.
But back to Tigermilk. This is so good! Incredible! The sound! The
lyrics! The melodies! I think it totally blows up your standards out
of proportion and you cannot listen to music from people who are just
good musicians and not geniouses, and, as everyone knows,  geniouses
are in short-supply... Even my beloved IYFS sounds a little flat in
comparison.
And also  my B&S-resistant flatmate is in love with "expectations",
especially after I told her there is the line "lifesize models of the
Velvet Underground in clay" in it...

This has surely been discussed on the list already, but could one of
you experts make a list of the quotes and references in Tigermilk? as
i know 2 (Hal Hartley quote in I Could Be Dreaming, Felt quote "the
world is as soft as lace" in I Don't Love Anyone), the intricate
lyrics lead to think that there must be more buried in the trenches.

On the subject of Old Tom Morris' Panties (hey, why not rename the
British Open like this ;), Ailsa wrote:
>> Is anyone still looking for a chalet to share with (or people to
share a chalet with, if you are going to be as pedantic as I am being
whilst reading over this)?  I might know someone who can help you.
(Privately, PLEASE!!!)  <<

that person would be me; there's now 3 places available in a cosy
little chalet, all booked and ready... just say YES! is all you have
to do! Or, almost. You'd still have to pay for your place I'm
afraid... :)
Mail to me or to Ailsa or to both.
See you there. Aloha.

Jan

(in the next issue, soon on your screen: crushes and sleeping
outside)

The Dark Site of the Moon:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/index.html
Tindersticks page:
   http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/tinderpage/tinder.html
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. -Oscar Wilde