Sinister: summer songs and things going wrong

Etheriel99 at xxx.com Etheriel99 at xxx.com
Wed Jul 21 06:45:05 BST 1999

Hullos!
Firstly, I've suddenly been prompted to finally speak.  It's been a while
since I've posted something on this list.  I've been quiet for far too long I
suppose.  But anyhow, I just wanted to inform Big Stu that he is not alone in
not having even someone to have a mini-crush on.  Sadly either do I.  I work
at a grocery store and am finding myself oddly attracted to some of the stock
boys, who under normal circumstances I would not give a second look to if
they were walking down the street.  Not that they aren't attractive in their
own respective ways, I just suppose that they aren't really my cup of tea,
that's all.  And it's not that I have a crush on them, because I know what
crushes are like and what they feel like; when you think about the person you
like, you feel as if you're heart's in your throat or you're on a
rollercoaster that's speeding down a hill.  It's a feeling of excitement that
I can't really describe at this point since I've been locked in this Toronto
suburb of mine for far too long.  So sadly I've not been getting out much.
But I don't have crushes on my fellow employees, I just find myself attracted
to them out of boredom.
I guess I could say that this is perhaps the worst summer to date.  Last
summer was incredible: I thought I was in love and everything was like a
beautiful movie.  This summer I feel like nothing is getting done -- except
maybe work.  I'm losing all most of my friends to the evil arms of Montreal
in September, and I'm off to University trying to hack it alone.  I've spent
a Summer Wasting I suppose.  I should be living it up, but here I am stuck at
home with nothing to do cos all my friends have to work early in the morning.
Blah.  Still, without a doubt, I'll probably be able to remember this summer
all thanks to Tigermilk, which I suppose is a good thing.  It's a bit of a
tradition; I always grant myself a summer song ( though it usually grants
itself) each and every summer.  The summer of grade six is thankfully chained
to the melody of the Cure's "Friday I'm in Love" and not Right Said Fred.  I
know for sure that Tigermilk will forever remind me of this past summer of
security -- my last as I see it.  By September my whole world will be thrown
into tumult: a new school, new friends, a new place.  Hopefully B&S will come
up with something new for my transition period this September.
Take Care everyone.
Hugs and Ladybugs,
Cindy
p.s. I went to the Looper show the other night, but sadly I couldn't see a
thing.  But I enjoyed the videos very much.  And I agree, wee karn isn't
incredibly wee.  But I suppose she's short compared to most  of the people in
the band and that's why she's got the name.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but she
looked like she was about 5 feet tall. I guess that constitutes "wee" status.
 Unfortunately I missed the cameraman getting accosted by Karn. Darn.