Sinister: I think I'm done with the kitchen table, baby

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Jul 21 18:43:00 BST 1999

Oh Sinister!

Gee whizz.  It's been a celebrity studded last couple of weeks since I
last deigned to speak to you....

First of all my "manor" is in a state of muted awe right now, thanks
to the recent arrival of a new resident, Mr. Jah Wobble.  Wob-browsing
has taken over our lives.  Points are gained for sightings of the
great nutter, with extra bonus marks if you manage to spot him in full
Arab headgear, like he wore on the cover of that record he did that
I've forgotten the name of.  I haven't seen him yet, but you can rest
assured that I've been touched by his presence, dears.

Secondly, I saw Dan Ackroyd getting into a fucking big limo in Glasgow
and you didn't.  Well, a couple of you did.  Actually, I think he's a
bit crap, but that didn't stop me from telling everyone who'd listen
ad nauseam on Friday night.  Telling everyone how great you are
because you've seen someone famous makes you big and clever, I learnt
that from being on Sinister. ~

I was a bit disappointed in Beanz' Divine top ten on the B&S website,
as he failed to mention any of the songs that made Baltimore's finest
transvestite the legend he is today.  No "Shoot your shot", no "You
think you're a man"...what was he thinking of?  Talking of Divine, I'm
reading John Waters's "Crackpot" at the moment and it's a right
rivetting read.  Although it doesn't mention the episode when JW and
Divine went on a little shoplifting spree, each urging the other to
steal progressively more outrageous things.  This culminated in Divine
emerging from one shop with a TV under one arm and a chainsaw in the
other.  I bet Keith Moon never did anything that funny, the big girl's
blouse.

Now I'm going to be all useful...

Andy Pandy wrote:

>cover versions? we got um...
>
>there was a whole gig full of serge covers

At the Gainsbourg tribute night last summer, Stevie did "Lolita go
home".  And I met a very foxy lady from Toronto.  There was another
Serge night before that when I seem to remember Isobel covered "Bonnie
and Clyde".  But I wasn't there.

>there was also that time they supplied the music for evie sands

Yes, they played on "Angel of the morning", "I can't let go" and "Take
me for a little while".  Plus "Wild Thing", featuring a Murdoch bass
solo Jah Wobble himself would be proud of.

There was also a night at the 13th Note two Decembers ago where they
did a set of 5 covers - a Beck song sung by Richard, a Curtis Mayfield
song (Stevie), "I've got something on my mind" by ye Lefte Banke (sung
by Disco Stu), "You trip me up" by the Jesus and Mary Chain (Sarah
singing) and Orange Juice's "In a nutshell" (Isobel).

I need a lie down now.  Isn't Keith supposed to do all the informative
stuff?

Love
Tag xx