Sinister: It was as long as my arm

Robin Stout robin.stout at xxx.com
Thu Jul 22 09:44:03 BST 1999

hello my lovelies

    Mick McBrian's not the only one who likes all these tasty morsels of
info. I've been doing a bit of sniffing around myself. Someone mentioned
that they'd heard there were only going to be Stuart M tracks on the new
album. Well, I was about to go to bed but this started a few bells ringing
in my tired head, so I had a look through the archive to shut them up. I
found something by Chris Leonard from January after he'd spoken to Mick
Cooke. This is what he said; "Mick said Belle and Sebastian had been in the
studio all week and they had recorded some songs. One is written by Stuart
but Isobel sings it and one is a duet between Stuart and Isobel." So perhaps
Landslide is written by Struan? I hope not, I thought it was a bit smelly
myself.
    And another thing; Mick wrote ages ago that shortly after forming B + S
played a bedroom gig and one of the songs was called Your Idea Of Fun. Has
anyone ever heard this? It seems to have sunk without a trace.
    So there you go - if you need to know something, ask someone called
Mick.

    Robin xxxxx