Sinister: CHURCH/covers

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Thu Jul 22 09:51:36 BST 1999

Dear chums,

Oh what a beautiful morning!  Something wonderful shall happen today, I can
tell.  Last night me and the little but strong Miss Julia went to see Ron
Sexsmith again, this time at the cottiers theatre which is an old CHURCH.
The fella is amazing, what a voice!  Hooray for Ron!  Spotted: Monica Queen.
  I wonder if she talks as loud as she sings, that would be really annoying.
  I bet she eats a lot of Trio's.  She thinks she's saying other words, but
all that comes out is "TRRRRRRRIIIIOOOOOOOOO!!".  And folk say "Monica, why
do you keep shouting trio, you've already had 5?", and she says
"TRIIIIIIIIIIOOOO!!!".  And they're like "Monica, do you fancy going to see
Ron Sexsmith tonight" and she goes "TRIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOO!!!".

Are we still talking about covers?  Let's not forget the Hyndland CHURCH gig
of last year, I'm not sure if you sing a CHURCH song it's a cover but, guess
what, hoho, I don't care.  They played:

Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God
Morning Has Broken
Lord of the Dance
Something about "essence" that Stevie sang
Turn Turn Turn
Make me a channel of your peace
Light up a fire
He's got the whole world in his hands

Does a stevie solo concert count as Belle and Sebastian?  He covered a
Johnny Cash song which I can't remember the name of, and a song by one of
his pals which I can't remember the name of at the "Jesus, protect this
CHURCH hall with a fence charity gig" at the end of last summer.  That
doesn't help much.

That's all I can think of right about now.

Chris Leonard

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to the Stuart Murdoch Fan
site.  If your mail hasn't been included yet, it will be soon, at the
weekend anyway.

P.P.S. Charlotte, if you get this can you mail me again, i deleted your mail
by accident.  Whoops.  Have you got a new name now?

P.P.P.S. Robin,  Landslide was written all by Isobel, I believe.  I thought
it was pretty good.  Especially the sax solo.

Visit the Stuart Murdoch Fan Site
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/stuart/stuart.htm

Visit the Sleeka Sounds Corporation
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/sleeka/