Sinister: You could fit a bus inside her

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Thu Jul 22 18:04:20 BST 1999

Reading sinister has just given me a new lease of life, so I'm going to try
and get my thoughts down quick smart before I feel shaky and unwell again.

Cheers to Marie for mentioning the word "Tigermilking" several times - your
favourite London-based B&S nightC!L!U!B! is back in business on Friday 13th
August. Vampire fangs and ghostly moans obligatory. We may even have some
Sinisterines playing their hearts out to entertain you...Upstairs at the
Garage, see you there...

(and Marie, see you in NYC mid-October?)

Being called Mark doesn't leave you open to being name-checked much, and
when you are it's usually with a small "m". I did get Mark Twain, though, if
that counts...Having said that, my middle name has been mentioned simply
dozens of times on Sinister lately - my parents named me after our beloved
prime minister, which is why I'm honoured with the name Blair. Yes, ho ho,
very funny. I hated the name so much I once lied to a close friend and
pretended to be called Benjamin.

My other middle name begins with D, and is shared with a famous 20th Century
playwright, Just to annoy you, guess which one...

Miss Vicky, whose "miss" was callously stolen from the petite but fearsome
Miss Julia, now has a huge pair of tits adorning her bedroom wall. And it
was *me* what nicked the Tigermilk poster in the first place...I finally got
around to ordering it last night, fuzzy with much wine, and managed to
bugger up the order on the Jeepster site (how come the vinyl price has
risen, David?). You see, whenever I've bought myself a B&S record, I've also
bought one for my mum at the same time, as she thinks B&S are superb (she
also thinks the Traveling Wilburies are superb, and likes nothing more than
a bit of thumping techno, but there you go). But this time I forgot
("aaaah", I hear you all say), so she'll just have to borrow mine. Tough.

Should I buy the Pop Romantique album from Amazon? Gosh I just don't know.

Kiss kiss to Lesley Jo - is this what they call Cybersex? :) Amanda artgirl
doesn't know what she's missing - snap up Lesley *at once*, you hear me,
she's a little bit special...

Yeurchh - mutual bigging up. Doncha just hate it? Anyway. I once went out
with a girl because she wanted to figure out her sexuality. No prizes for
guessing which side of the fence she came down on (no pun intended). Has
this happened to anyone else on the list?

Vic and I are planning *yet another* webzine, which we intend to call It's
Like Pop (and that's the way it is). Any contributions or advice more than
welcome...

Off to purchase an eyepatch for that up-to-the-minute B&S look,
Mark Blair ??? Casarotto
(Credibility consultant, Ear Confection records. Yeah, right)