Sinister: "The twist was my move! I invented the twist!"

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Fri Jul 23 08:11:17 BST 1999

Sorry to all you non-Seinfeld fans for the subject title.  That show was so
brilliant...alas it is gone, a rose scented memory of yesteryear.  Sigh...
I saw Looper tonight in DC tonight and they were absolutely great.  They were
sooooo much better live than on record, pretty much because of Wee Karn's
great little films and Ronnie Black's fab photos.  Speaking of Karn's little
films, I noticed something very awesome during "Up a Tree Again."  If
anyone's read the "Little Ink Movies of Belle and Sebastian," in it Stuart D.
describes a scene where he filmed Beans Geddes dancing in Central Park for 8
minutes before his film ran out.  When they played that song I noticed a
foppish sort of fellow in huge flares dancing in a park on the film...then I
spied a beautiful girl with ponytails sitting Indian style right near by and
a short girl dressed in all black sitting on a branch of a tree.  As the
camera got closer I realized it was Beans, Sarah and Isobel in Central Park!
Whoo hoo!  I was so proud of my discovery I was moved to tell MadFlwr (Lee)
who I ran into there (I'm sorry if I made you miss anything and I hope NYC
was fab).  Another B&S sighting: after their main set, Stuart came back on
and said they hadn't anything else to play for an encore because they'd ran
out of drum machines or something, so instead he broke out the guitar and
played "Winter Wooskie."  It was just his brother playing guitar and he
singing.  I liked it quite well.  He kept remarking how much they liked the
Air and Space Museum the whole time.  We waited afterwards to talk to him,
but even an hour and half after their show they were still nowhere to be seen
so we split.  Some other day I suppose.
It was also great fun to meet all the lovely Sinister folk who made it out to
the show and met up beforehand. Mike and Erica (not Scarlet) were very nice
and Hershel was aces too.  Probably one of the most polite people I've ever
met actually.  I know there were a handful of other people there as well but
these were the only ones I talked to for very long, and the only ones who's
name I caught (and held on to).  I'm sure everyone else was lovely as well.
My friend and I almost made an 11h hour decision to accompany Lee to NYC to
see Looper again on the 23rd but we couldn't get off work so we had to
cancel.  Anyone who goes to the show please remember me when they play that
clip of Chris dancing so's maybe I won't feel so lonely bagging groceries for
rude old women.
I also made a decision tonight and I need some help and opinions regarding
it.  I think when my year at the university lets out next Spring I'm going to
go on a backpacking tour of the UK and Ireland.  Either that or get a flat
for awhile, hopefully in Glasgow or Edinburgh.  Does anyone think they'll be
needing a flatmate/traveling buddy next Spring/Summer?  Does anyone know
someone who does?  Does anyone have any recommendations?
Well its kind of late so I think I'm off...yeah I am

Steve C.