Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jul 23 12:05:33 BST 1999

Solitary brothers, solitary sisters,

I'm completely drunk too. You big nellies! Haven't you ever been
hunted in the woods at night? Pah! Lightweights! I don't need to see
that "Blair Peach Project" film. I've lived it, man. Same goes for
"Notting Hill", but I went to see that one anyway. Very funny, I
enjoyed it a lot. Spike reminded me of you, in fact. "Arse Wide Shut"
hasn't opened here yet, but I've seen the trailer. I think there's
some kind of monkey business afoot. Genevieve, your deft analysis of
the film's theme coincides with that of my favourite source of Thai
news, "The Economist". So you must be right. Mind you, they say the
ending of "2001" is hopeful. It scares the shit out of me. So does the
book I'm reading, a weighty tome about Mars. I'm fwightened. I know
that the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one,
but still they come. Have you seen the size of that canyon? It is
beyond my ken. Lots of stuff about nutty astronomers, like Paul
Mitchell. Paul believes that Mars is irrigated by a complex system of
underground sprinklers operated by The Clangers on acid. Loads of
people believe the moon landings were faked. I know they weren't faked
because I was there, man. Famously, an old Basque woman claimed that
it was impossible for men to have been to the moon, because they would
have fallen off. Only flies can go to the moon without falling off.
What a nice old lady! Bless her woolly socks! And bless Jah Wobble
too. Perhaps Mister McRagtag would like to set up a Wobblecam so we
can all keep an eye open for Jah. That John Waters book "Crackpot" is
great, you should ask for it at your local library. Any list of B&S
covers is sadly incomplete without reference to Mad Dog Murdoch's
legendary cover of Lulu's "To Sir With Love", from the Sidney Poitier
film of the same name. I think this was before Rhode Island, before
Lisa Hobbles the Blind, before Belle and Sebastian. I think this
recording is shaping up to become the new B&S Holy Grail now that
"Tigermilk" is so readily available. Speaking of Lisa, she wrote:

It is
really strange having one of your favoutite bands sing songs with your
name
in it. I don't know, does anyone else share this feeling??

Yes, I do.

love from,

Sister Disco
xxx

PS: Apologies to anyone I owe a reply to, I'm far too drunk to do it
at the moment. I am in the enviable position of owing replies to
almost the entire line-up of DROOLZ.

PPS: Oon, or someone in Oon's family, OWNS A SCOOTER! Just like the
Ace Face's from "Quadrophenia". I've seen it in a photo. Oon's trying
to hide it with a baby, but I can still see it. I bet Oon cruises the
streets of Bangrak on it, looking for rockers to rumble with.