Sinister: Who's That On The Bill, Then?

Pete Ramsdale peter.ramsdale at xxx.com
Fri Jul 23 12:28:26 BST 1999

David Moore very kindly said:

>Secondly, for the message about Roger Daltrey being on the Bill in June:
>its actually tonight, & yes, I will record it for Mr Miller :)

Anybody see it then? I did. Well, bits of it at least, inbetween
remastering my mate's Manic Hedgehog Radiohead tapes on Cool Edit Pro.
Now, I'm no authority on what constitutes a good acting performance,
or a bad one, for that matter, but from what I saw, Sister Disco's
premier pop idol did himself proud. Either that or the poor bloke
actually *is* a drug-addled nutcase.

Anyway, moving swiftly towards a thread of conversation with a more
on-topic bent (just in case List Mummy bollocks us for talking about
tellyvishun programmes again), I was one of the few people on the list
to hear Tigermilk for the first time in it's spanking-new digital
format. I know, I know, shock, horror, cor blimey guvnor, stone the
crows, christ-on-a-bike, shite-and-onions and all that. It's just that
before I joined the list I happened to know of precisely sod-all
people with even a three-hundred-and-somethingth generation scratchy
analogue copy, and by the time I joined the list I already knew of its
impending re-release, so it seemed a bit rude (and possibly a tad
pointless) to ask. Well, unsurprisingly enough, all that waiting was
absoblimminlutelymostdefinitely worth it. I don't think it has taken
over from IYFS as my fave yet, but that's possibly because I have
listened to the latter a lot more over a much longer period of time.

One of the main things I wanted to do in this mail was to throw in my
two-penneth into the gushing fountain of debate that is Electronic
Renaissance. Does anyone else think that ER cements the comparisons
between B&S and the Field Mice?? What I mean is that both use(d)
fragile guitar-pop as their mainstay, and now I realise that they both
at one point or other have done a small bit of quite similar
electronicky synth-driven buggering-about. I think the Field Mice
track in question is "Missing the Moon". Not sure about this, cause I
haven't got a copy of the CD with me, but there is definitely at least
one of their tracks that shuffles off in the same musical direction as
the much-maligned, side-one-ending Tigermilk track. Just an opinion,
of course, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Also, I can't help feeling that bits of ER are quite similar to Sleep
the Clock around.

Discuss.

Here endeth another epistle to the apostles,

lol p xx.
--

 "Reality never seems to work out quite the way you want it to..."

 Pete Ramsdale - Unix Systems Administration, Warburg Dillon Read
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.