Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V3 #243

andrew dean koogy at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 23 18:36:46 BST 1999

general stuff, not much of it about b&s

> Apologies twice. Firstly about the duff gen about The Flaming Lips, it was
> of course The Flaming Stars on John Peel on Tuesday night.

BUT the flaming lips are in session this coming wednesday night. don't
know if it's a repeat or not though.

> Secondly, for the message about Roger Daltrey being on the Bill in June:
> its actually tonight, & yes, I will record it for Mr Miller :)

stranger than roger daltrey on 'the bill' had to be brian may on 'the
sky at night' a couple of weeks ago, talking to good old patrick moore
about the upcoming eclipse.

> In answer to Genevieve's post about what happens to naked pictures in photo
> shops, a friend of mine works at Black's photo shop...

> Naked pictures, I believe, are not
> okay and either are pictures of, how can I put this, people having sex: they
> are considered pornography and cannot be reproduced as it goes against
> Canadian legislation ( or something to that effect).

i know someone who worked at kodak here in the uk and they had to not
only confiscate the pictures but record the names and addresses involved
for passing on to the police. sounds very gary glittery. so, yes, buy a
polaroid or a digital camera. next time i move house the change of
address cards are all going to be in the style of those prostitute cards
you see in london phone boxes 8) um, that's probably not wise - what if
they fall into the wrong hands?

pete miller (no! we will not let you go...)
> Paul believes that Mars is irrigated by a complex system of
> underground sprinklers operated by The Clangers on acid.

i've been religiously taping the episodes of the clangers they've been
repeated late at nights on channel 4 and i get within 4 episodes of a
complete set and they go and release them all on video. arse. still,
it's kinda good cos i missed series 1 episode 13 in which "The Clangers
suffer from a shortage of consumer goods, but they prefer life that
way." (which i think is the one with the machine that churns out plastic
stuff until the cave fills up).

Pete Ramsdale:
> Does anyone else think that ER cements the comparisons
> between B&S and the Field Mice??

but missing the moon was great and ER, er, isn't.

oh, and that live version of 'in a nutshell' that someone has is
probably from the manchester gigs (sunday night) rather than the night
in glasgow when they did 5 covers or else recordings of the other 4
covers would be out there and i've not come across any (whereas i know
that manchester tapes exist)

and there's another song mentioned on the back (yes, 'on the back', not
'in the cd booklet' but 'on the back') of tigermilk. "Belle's most
recent song is called Rag Day. Sebastian's is called The Fox In The
Snow"

handle in handle,
andy

johan, i sent the md back this morning