Sinister: Jaggerth,Jaggerth, All otherth ith Cag-maggerth..

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Sat Jul 24 14:10:13 BST 1999

Hello there,
   It's vv hot, too hot. Not like in Glasgow where I spent a lovely week last week. (Tautology?) Everyone I met was very friendly, there was a lot to do and see. I want to go back. Nearly met the famous Ailsa .....but didn't. I did however meet the equally famous Richard 'Snow Patrol' Colburn and he was a top bloke. He chatted away about Bowlie, Tigermilk, Looper in the US, All Tomorrow's Parties.	Warmed my cockles it did. So thanks to him, and thanks also to the everlovely Jeepster people for getting my Tigermilk out to me before I went away.
   I've just finished reading 'Glencoe' by John Prebble which is about the massacre of the MacDonalds in 1692. (Who was responsible? The Campbells? King William of Orange? The Master of Stair?) Anyway the name of the MacDonalds' bard that sat atop the mountains writing laments for his fallen kinsmen was Murdoch.  Murdoch Matheson. I just thought that was appropriate. No? Alright then.
  How disappointed was I, having long ago won a competition on Xfm, to finally receive a Pavement CD through the post? 'Brighten the Corners'? I was expecting a footie video to sit alongside 'WBA- the throw-ins' and 'Bristol City- 20 glorious back passes'. (That's back passes, not passages, smut fans). Not funny? Alright then. I'll leave you to it.
   Only pausing to defend Mr D Moore's son by saying I too thought John Peel said The Flaming Lips would be on Tuesday. I reckon he read it out wrong. They are on this week anyway.... Oh, and go to the Ear Confection site which is very impressive.
Bye bye
Rob

'Since when was stalking a crime?'- Kenickie