Sinister: blatant advertising

A. Memon memon at xxx.com
Sat Jul 24 13:58:40 BST 1999

hi to all 3000 of you,

>> There is a member of Sinister called "A Memon", I'm dyslectic and so I
thought the name read "A Melon", I laughed at that too when I released my
mistake."  - Robert Foster   19 July 1999   <<

thanks Rob, i shared your laughter too.
yes thats me....i prefer lemon though. i like the zest. melons are way too large. lemons can be thrown at people without so much effort. what about mangoes?

anyway, god knows what i was meant to be saying.....

oh yeah, a little b&s phone-home related incident as told by my american friend kimberly:

>>> i'm going to see Looper tonight in nyc.  i hope it's a good show.  i got
the cd last week, and i like it, but i'm not sure how it will translate
live. anyway.. it'll just be good to go to ny.  i was
asking "best of the brits" boy (his name's ryan) if he has ever seen belle &
sebastian live, and he said, yeah. and when he was buying a t shirt, henry
thomas (the boy from ET) was standing next to him asking him (ryan) which
t shirt he thought he should buy.  pretty neat, eh?  i keep meaning to
record his radio show for you but things seem to keep getting in the way
every time.......  <<<

i dunno if there are any connecticut b&s fans out there, but what is "the best of the brits" radio show like. sorry, i dont even know what radio station it is on as there are billions out there in america. here in london you can count about 3 or 4 stations where they might play some b&s, but thats about it.

and what else....

if anyone can personally get me off my ass/arse i will attend a picnic somewhere sometime....i keep meaning to, honest, but er, things keep getting in the way everytime.

so, onto this monday, 26th july:

there's this little loose ensemble i play with......the vertical smile )

you may have shot some heroin to a tune of ours called "a return to satisfy" (thats what someone told me its good for!!!  hey, i dont advocate the use of drugs so sue him ok).
that was on an earworm records double cd thingie...someone at trash said they really liked the electric sound of joy on disk one....so they hadnt heard disk two which is the side we're on! curse you electric sound of joy!!!!

anyway - there's some club down kingley street just off beak street which is just off regents street.....
The Tattybogle Club.
If you want to come and see us, (and 2 or 3 other bands) we're onstage at 10:30pm. I usually play the drums live, and unlike the other members in the band, I dont mind being overtly social before the gig. they all seem to feel ill for some reason. the pressures of fame eh?

oh, i saw the phantom menace for the 2nd time yesterday. i took my kid sister. she hates anything to do with star wars. she liked it, but thought it was very childish. i thought it was better the second time round. didnt have to worry so much about whether it was going to be good or not. its not bad, but you can leave your brain on the seat next to you whilst you watch it.

here's my list of films to see in the future:
the blair witch project (100% made up, but sounds convincing)
summer of sam (spike lee)
american psycho (mmm, chloe sevigny. not read the book yet)
the virgin suicides (well, the book was good. sofia coppola directed this. she was a character called sache in the phantom menace too)
fever (directed by alex winter. still havent seen freaked. this stars henry thomas too - by coincidence)

....well, that brings everything full circle...

bless anyone who asks me to a (london) picnic. i admit it, going to one on my own is a little bit daunting.

taping things of the tv to make my own tv themes tape,

a m o s   m e m o n

PS
If any one likes Dream City Film Club,
we're supporting them at their next gig - August 5th at The Bull & Gate.