Sinister: Now we're photogenic

James Thorniley jthorniley at xxx.net
Sat Jul 24 21:16:58 BST 1999

(NOTE: This is a bit late arriving, because clever old me sent it to
sinsiter at majordomo.net. I think that's quite an amusing name actually
:-)

Hi guys and gals.

This pissed off Erica, and she wrote:
> I'm going to have to get a more realistic
> photo - or else clock the next person that writes to the list saying how
> great I am. Listen up! I'm not...

Tut, tut, all yous who have posted Erica love-mail. You silly people,
you'll just annoy women by doing this. You see, even though most women
love being complemented on their looks, they don't like the idea that
there is some bloke in a dark room with his head 3 inches away from a
computer screen gawping at their digital visage (The Jennifer Lopez "If
you had my love" video is misleading, would you believe it?). Maybe it's
not so clever to put up photos of yourself where anyone can see them (no
offense, Erica, I'm just saying).

Some of you might say I'm a bit hypocritical there, since I've just sent
my photo in, but I don't have to worry about anyone gawping at it.

Anyhow, don't put your cross against Erica's name until I've got my mate
Natalie on the list. Then you'll realise Erica isn't that great after
all :-)

Three more quick things:

RE:Alpha ready lizard PeePees (Stephen Heister)
I can't find a short qoute that seems right, so I'll just re-explain the
gist of it briefly:

Stephen whistle B&S as he goes around hoping that someone will recognise
is and rush up to him, so happy to have found another B&S fan.

I do that in school too, Stephen. Of course, it doesn't work, the
closest I ever got was someone asking me what I was humming, when I told
them, they just gave an "Oh, right".

2nd Thing:

Steve wrote:
>James Taylor is soooo good.  Sweet Baby James reminds me of B&S in some
>places.

I agree.

3rd thing:
Picnic on Primrose Hill (that Erica mentioned)

I'd love to be there. I probably sound a bit stupid saying this (you
know I'm a newbie). Are these picnics announced on the list? I must have
missed it (I did lose a few day's worth of emails a short while back).
Anyway, I would be very grateful if someone could just tell me where
this Primrose hill is (I have a feeling I heard of one in/near London,
but I imagine there are plenty of Primrose hills around the country).
And maybe explain what these picnics are about.

Thanks loads if you can help, sorry it was such a big mail again.
--
James Thorniley

I bet you're glad I've finished writing. I know I am.